Who we are
Our website address is: http://infed.org/. infed.org is a not-for-profit site provided by the YMCA George Williams College.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Comments and feedback
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We sometimes ask for contact details if you are booking into an event or activity so that we can update you on the event or to ask you to evaluate it. We may also send you information about similar events or activities the College provides. See the College’s privacy policies at: https://www.ymca.ac.uk/connect/privacy/
- Track users as they use the website
- Improve usability
- Analyse the use of the website
- Improve the security of the website
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics Universal to analyse the use of our website. Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
Managing your cookies settings
You can change your settings and preferences for cookies. Use the links below:
Who we share your data with
Your data will not be shared outside of YMCA George Williams College, except where required to do so by law, or with trusted third parties where necessary to communicate with our student members, office holders and volunteers (such as mailing companies for postal communications or through small email newsletters), and only once satisfied that any such use of data will accord with this policy. Explicit, informed consent will be sought from individuals whenever and wherever required in accordance with data protection legislation.
For details of the College’s policies go to: https://www.ymca.ac.uk/connect/privacy/
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or give us feedback, the feedback and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can respond to you if necessary.
We no longer allow registration on the site – and we have deleted all records of those users that previously registered on our website. All users could see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which YMCA George Williams College holds about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
- The right to request that YMCA George Williams College corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for YMCA George Williams College to retain such data. (Records will remain in skeleton, to ensure no further contact in future);
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process. Users of our web- based applications are responsible for keeping passwords confidential. We will only ask users for passwords for IT support purposes.
infed.org is based at the YMCA George Williams College, London. To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Data Protection Officer, YMCA George Williams College, 199 Freemasons Road, London, E16 3PY
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Acknowledgement: The picture ‘privacy’ is by Sean MacEntee. Sourced from Flickr and reproduced under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) licence. https://www.flickr.com/photos/smemon/4592915995/